Sunday, February 11, 2007

Bass Assassins!

I've just recieved two more lures as the spoils of my CrazyFish/FishinFanatics Multispecies Challenge Contest. These were handmade by Joe of Bodega Bay Lures out of California. I wanted a topwater lure and a shallow running jerkbait in color patterns that mimic natural forage.

The first lure pictured is of the shallow running jerkbait in a smallmouth bass pattern.

The second lure is a topwater skater in a black crappie pattern. As it would have a crippled or disoriented fish motion, I asked that Joe rotate the color pattern and eye placement of the lure 45 degrees, so that it would float almost on it's side. If you look close, you can see the hooks coming almost of the side of the lure pattern, it was done to perfection.


I cannot wait for spring to try them out and start catching fish! Bass beware!

No comments: