Sunday, March 12, 2006

Feeling Up My New Girl at the Nock


The virginal voyage of the new F.U.C.K.ing boat was a complete success. I had no difficulty putting her in the water, getting her started, or running her where I needed to go. I began the day at the Nock by just tooling around, getting the feel of her, and seeing that everything worked right. I felt like a 15 year old kid feeling up his first girlfriend, as I was a little nervous, and a little awkward in my boat handling. It was especially apparent when I tried out the trolling motor for the first time. I was all over the place, if anyone was watching, they surely had to assume I was drunk. After figuring out, like feeling up a chick for the first time, that subtlety was the key, my boat handling was much better. I spent alot of time just marking different spots for future reference that I thought would come in handy once the bite starts to heat up with the rise in water temperature. When I decided to fish in earnest, I moved away from deep water and into shallower bays and flats, where I proceeded to break in my boat by catching a really beautiful esox niger. I was fishing my crappie lookalike crankbait through the weed beds as they were a few degrees warmer than the surrounding water, and voila, the fish practically caught itself. it was a pretty short fight, but very welcome. When I lifted it out of the water for the first time, the sunshine hit it right, and I have to say, it was probably the most beautiful fish I've ever caught. The greens in the link pattern were almost luminescent they were so bright, and the pattern itself was very defined. I took a few pictures of it, when I get the film developed, I hope they do the vibrant colors justice. I weighed it, 3.5 lbs on my digital scale, and then let it go, a perfect example of CPR (catch, photo, release) in action. After that, my day was made, and I played around a bit more and experimented, and caught another esox niger, this time a little guy, and a decent micropterus salmoides, at 2.2 lbs.
I got the F.U.C.K.ing boat onto the trailer with no problems, and took her home, where I backed her into my "hard to access driveway on main thoroughfare" with no problems.
All in all, a great day, though I didn't accomplish one thing I had planned to, which was take some sexy centerfold pics of my new toy to show whomever visits this blog. That will have to wait for next time. And the naming of the shrew is still up in the air.
(Above image of a captured and released emerald bejeweled esox niger.)

No comments: