Monday, March 06, 2006

Dryland Training


And so the journey begins, or should I say continues, having previously existed outside the digital medium, but begins is an accurate enough term to describe the more public documentation that will follow on this blog. As of this moment, I have a brand spanking new 16 ft War Eagle 648 LDV sitting in the none too adequate shelter of my driveway, just begging to be taken out and fished. I plan to, beginning this very upcoming weekend. I spent a ton of time and effort getting this boat the way I want it, rigged for maximum hardcore fishability, maximum trickout factor, and maximum enjoyability for me, which, in the end, is what it boils down to. Pictures will be posted when I finally get some taken of the boat, (hopefully a new digital camera is in the works in the somewhat near future). I will show some pictures of past piscine conquests in the next few days.

Anyways, to make this initial blog entry somewhat less longwinded than it very easily end up, I just spent bookoo bucks registering my boat and trailer this past weekend, and still have to make a hopefully not too expensive trip up to Cabela's for some additional but very neccessary items for the boat, to make it fully usable when I take it out. My dryland training this week before I actually hit the h2O this weekend (rain or shine) consists of respooling a couple of reels, assembling everything I need for the boat, making a checklist for at the launch ramp, and most importantly, finding a suitable pee cup, you know one of the highest rates of fishermen drowning is falling overboard when leaning over the gunwale to take a piss. Besides, I dont really want to spray any friendly fire on my boat due to some unforseen wind shift hehe.

(Above image of the Supreme Avenging Overlord himself conducting night operations at the Nock, acquired target: 4.3lb Largemouth Bass.)

No comments: