Monday, May 29, 2006

Dialed In!

Well, it's been a while since the Hardcore Fshin blog has been updated, but fear not, piscine voyeur, I have been busy catching more big bad micropterus dolomieui from 3 lbs up to 4.13 lbs, micropterus salmoides up to 4 lbs, and even the odd esox niger. I've fished the Nock, Lake Galena, Lake Marquette and Memorial Lake in Lebanon county. My Luck has been pretty good, of course it's a wide gap between time spent fishing and time spent actually catching, which is why it's called fishing and not catching. I haven't gotten skunked in a while, and the fish I've caught around here are nicely sized. When I was in Harrisburg for work training for two weeks, I took the F.U.C.K.ing boat, and pretty much fished every evening after training until dark. Most of the fish I caught up there were 1-2 lbs, small in comparison to up here, but then again, the lakes are quite different structurally, especially Memorial Lake, which was shallow and very weedy. The best fish I caught up there wasnt even a bass, it was a hammerhandle esox niger, who just completely exploded on a top water lure. I tell you top water fishing is a blast when theyre biting, they usually hit the lure hard, with a big splash and commotion. I can't wait to get a sizeable micropterus dolomieui on a top water lure, it will most likely be freakin awesome.

2 comments:

Bart said...

Glad to hear that your training went well for ya and that you had a good time on the side fishin'.

Anonymous said...

Hello Derek:

Very cool blog, like your use of the latin, keeps me on my toes. I will continue to follow your blog as I fish the same areas. Good luck with the boat.

David
"esquired" on the EPFR